Tuesday 15 May 2018

Homework due Friday, 11th May 2018

TIME CONJUNCTIONS
When, after, before, until, since, while, once, as and as soon as are conjunctions which can be used to connect an action or an event to a point in time. Conjunctions must be followed by an action done by someone, or something. If you take the conjunction out, the sentence would not make sense!
Task
Complete the following sentences by putting a time conjunction into them. Make sure they make sense! Then write five of your own sentences using time conjunctions.

She was a lot smaller  _________      she was young.                     
We must be quiet    ______   everyone has gone to bed.
Put your pyjamas on     ________________   you go to bed!
I’ll wait with you    ­­­­­­­­­­­___________________ the train comes.
I’ve been very busy   ____________    I started my new job.
No one left the classroom  ______________   the lesson was on.
I’ll call you   ___________________ I arrive.
We always have some popcorn  _______   we get to the cinema.
I saw him   _____________   I came out of the supermarket.

No comments:

Post a Comment